Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Taking a Bullet?

TAKING A BULLET?
 
This young man is wearing a T-shirt that says
"Eliminate Christians
One Bullet at a Time"
 


And now I ask you these questions:
 
* Does His appearance offend you?
* Does his shirt offend you?
* How can someone wear something like that?
* Do you feel anger?
* What would Muslims do if that shirt said that about them?
* Is he even worth witnessing to?
* How can God love someone like him?
 
And now let me reveal something further. I once had hair much longer than does he. I would have gladly worn that shirt. I once wore a shirt that read, "Drugs-The Final Frontier". I loved a good street fight, and I once planned a bank robbery which included killing the guard. It never came to pass because I was injured in a street fight. But while I was recouperating at my atheist aunt's house I saw Billy Graham on television and one night in March of 1975 I climbed the face of Garret Mountain in Wayne, New Jersey and I was born again. And I ask you another question:
 
Would you take that bullet if it meant that young sinner would believe on Jesus?
 
Let me remind you, Jesus took a cross for you. A bullet would have been mcuh less painful, but He gladly suffered for you and me. Please do not look at the ouside of people. Look deep inside and see their desperate need. He saw yours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Jesus said in labored breath “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” From your last sermon.

Because the grace of God is for all, not just the select few that we deem worthy.

Joel

Steve said...

Yes, the guy's t-shirt made me angry. After all, he's advocating killing me !

"Look deep inside and see their desperate need. He saw yours."

Thanks for slapping me back to the only reality that matters.

In Jesus, Steve

brendan said...

my question is what if after witnessing to the young man and he continues what does one do next

Rick Frueh said...

Pray and love.

brendan said...

you may have to pardon me rick. But then i got another one.what of a case where someone pretends to be christain and even after you told the person what he is doing is wrong in a loving manner and keep showing love. Even going out of your way to help the brother and still he continues in his evil ways, what do i do then?

Rick Frueh said...

Then you must break fellowship with him on some level, but you need to pray and even fast for him, not just say you will. But remember to remain humble and not self righteous, and the moment you see that the Spirit is again working in himm run to minister forgiveness to him.

brendan said...

thanks a lot rick. By the grace of GOD you have been a blessing