Saturday, February 04, 2012

A Missionary Couple Goes Home

Two wonderful followers of Jesus, missionaries to Mexico for thirty years, were welcomed as martyrs into the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. They were murdered by those who wished to silence the gospel of Jesus Christ.
But I am reminded of a true story that happened on the streets of New York City. When David Wilkerson packed up his belongings and went to New York City to witness to the street gangs he was confronted by a gang leader named Nicky Cruz who pulled out a knife and demanded Wilkerson shut up or else he would stab him. Rev. Wilkerson replied,

"You could cut me in a thousand pieces and lay them out in the street and every piece would love you."

Let us pray that another believer will reach out to those murderers with the unconditional love of Christ Jesus through the cross. I did not know the Casias couple but I am proud to call them brethren and I am humbled by their sacrifice. They are living in their reward, and I am sure that today they have no regrets at all.

No comments: