Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Keep Planting!

KEEP PLANTING!
 
Planting good seed, God’s Word, will have an effect even when everything seems otherwise. My daughter became pregnant in her senior year at a Christian university. She went to an abortion doctor and was given a gown and left on a gurney to wait in a room. While she was there she could not forget everything she had heard in a preacher’s home, and she could not get the picture of her standing before Jesus out of her mind. She left the doctor’s office still pregnant.

Eight years later she now has two precious sons and is still married to their father. They go to a Baptist church every Sunday. Keep planting God’s Word in your children. They will need every single Word throughout their lives.

7 comments:

Cherie c. said...

I do, even when I am told "I do not want to hear it".

I do even when I am told that no one likes my brand of Christianity.

I do even when I am made fun of.

I do even when I just want to give up and not plant seeds anymore.


Cherie c. said...

I know you've heard enough from me, but I just have to say, it is so comforting to be on here with all of you tonight. Wonder what it will be like when we all meet when we meet Jesus.

Yes, I will try not to dominate the conversation. =D

your sister in Christ Jesus

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect timing. This very short, to the point piece just spoke volumes to me. My college age daughter is considering moving in with her boyfriend of two years. Both sets of parents tell these young adults to get married instead. I shall keep planting and pray that the Lord will send someone to water. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rick for the encouraging post. Cherie, you have questions on your mind which you express. I don't see why you can't post what's in your heart & mind. I enjoy reading your posts. -Noel

Reine Gnade said...

Good for you confident and courageous Cherie.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story!

I truly believe that those little seeds do sit and sprout on God's timing.

Anonymous said...

So encouraging, our Father gives beauty for ashes. As a father of two young boys, I am most certainly concerned about what they will face and have to deal with as they grow up - indeed, that we are already having to deal with. Thanks for the encouragement to me and others like me to keep planting the Word and praying for them to grow up as men after His own heart. God bless you and warmest regards from Down Under.