Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pick Your Abomination

In April of 2008 Ingrid Schlueter lambasted Ravi Zacharius for writing a prayer for the National Day of Prayer that did not use the name of Jesus. Her exact words were:

“According to the truth of God’s Word, the entire counsel of God, we do not pray in “God’s Holy Name” to God the Father. We pray to God the Father in the name of His only Son, Jesus Christ, who alone provides us access to the Father.” The entire post is here. The post was presented in the category of abominations and false teachings.

But today she posts a prayer construct given by George Washington in this post. You may notice that there is absolutely no mention of Jesus anywhere, and in fact, Washington uses generic verbiage that includes the phrase “that great and glorious Being”. No mention of redemption, the cross, the gospel, or the name of Jesus Christ. And President Washington asks for God to “protect and guide all nations and sovereigns” and with this caveat “especially such as have shewn kindness unto us”. Real New Testament Christianity.

I get it. Ravi is an abomination while George is a wonderful intercessor.

Again we see the worship of men and the “accusing and excusing” that emanates from having a nation as your idol. Hypocrisy is often presented in shades of red, white, and blue, sometimes offered by modern day representatives of Betsy Ross. (I couldn’t resist. lol )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back when I was a mere "cultural Christian," I believed that the trend of Christmas Trees being banned in public meant my "faith" was being undermined. I considered THAT to be an absolute abomination...thank GOD for liberating me and helping me the error of my ways!