Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Die, He Lives

Phil.3:7-10 - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;


The Rick Frueh Translation

But what things were gain to me
Anything accolades, any degrees, or any leadership roles

Those I counted loss for Christ
They mean nothing to me because of Christ

Yea doubtless
There is no doubt

And I count all things but loss
It’s all completely worthless to me

For the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord
Jesus is my entire life and knowing Him is everything

For whom I have suffered the loss of all things
I have left everything, not just in words, but in deeds

And do count them but dung
Those former things are garbage

That I may win Christ
My reward is Jesus Christ

And be found in Him
I want to be known only through Him

Not having my own righteousness
I have absolutely no righteousness of my own

Which is of the law
Earned righteousness is false

But that which is through the faith of Christ
Christ alone gives righteousness through faith alone

The righteousness which is of God by faith
It’s all of God and ours only through faith

That I may know him
My hearts desire is know Him more fully and more intimately

and the power of his resurrection
That is the true source of power for life

and the fellowship of his sufferings
I want to know Him in His sufferings by suffering for Him

being made conformable unto his death
I want me to die and Him to live

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul says in Romans 7 that release from the Law comes only if WE die (not the Law). The principle of death to gain resurrection runs throughout the Scriptures.