Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Hope

At the end of the day you're another day older
And that's all you can say for the life of the poor
It's a struggle, it's a war
And there's nothing that anyone's giving
One more day standing about, what is it for?
One day less to be living.

At the end of the day you're another day colder
And the shirt on your back doesn't keep out the chill
And the righteous hurry past
They don't hear the little ones crying
And the winter is coming on fast, ready to kill
One day nearer to dying!


Eph.2:12 - That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

The need is great and the fields are white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prayed this morning - "What can I do?"
I'd been thinking I should do Something - we're called to serve the hungry, thirsty, naked...
We have very, very little money.
No bathroom - but by choice. Homemade house. We're blessed with a garden and chickens...but what can I do? We live on very little and it's not steady. I can't promise money to an organization like Compassion International and then not make good on my promise.

Immediately the organization a couple of towns away came to mind. They collect and send things to poor people around the world and I make quilts out of scraps.
A lot of my materials are donated and they're just sitting there waiting for me to put them together!

We all have something - sometimes it's money - sometimes it's time - sometimes it's food - sometimes...it's quilts.
Sometimes we're in our houses cram-packed with stuff and we could sell all that stuff and give it to the needy.

Thank you for the reminder.
Last night I was listening to Shaun Groves sing "Here I Am" and in his live performance of that he was calling the brethren to pray and offer themselves to the Lord to be used by Him - to be sent.

"Here I am, send me."

Lisa