Tuesday, July 29, 2008

An Unpublicized Perspective

Ken Silva and I are friends. We have had, as do friends, disagreements ranging from moderate to serious, but we remain friends. I want to share publicly what most do not know. It has been suggested that Ken is not even a brother in Christ, however in my personal interaction with him he has shown some fruit that even many who do not appreciate him have not shown. Both Ken and Mrs. Schlueter have criticized me and been criticized by me, but neither I nor they have ever attempted to attack the right to blog. And here is a small history of me on their blogs.

These are the links to articles by Ken and Mrs. Schlueter that have criticzed me.
Link
Link
Link

Here is a link to an open letter by me to Ken Silva:
Link

Here is the question I would ask. If I had posted such a letter about you, would you still be my friend? Ken still remains a friend and did not attempt to take down my blog because of my post. Is this not the behavior of a Christian? With anything I disagree with Ken about, he has acted as a brother in Christ even when I have confronted him publicly and in private. I always tell him I will still speak my conscience and he understands. In that I salute him for showing forgiveness.
Not many would continue to communicate with me given those circumstances, even the non-ODMs.

That is the rest of the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I don't believe it! I stopped reading CRN.info a while ago since they have become a slander pond but I didn't think it would come to this from one of their readers.

I'll happily host any Christian site that has trouble from their provider.

Watcher's Lamp said...

Rick,

Thank you for illustrating the concept of "speaking the truth in love."

The character and integrity you demonstrate is an example of which the blogosphere should take note.

Thank you for sharing this post.

Jim